March 31, 2010

Of wizards and witches of Oz.


The story of the Ruby Shoes bag begins in a club in Lisbon where I met G. and E. at about 2 a.m. (just the perfect time for blurry vision, weird dances and "profound" conversation).
I spotted G. and in surprise and admiration for his fashion style I thought to myself whoa, such an interesting person. Of course, peculiar attracts peculiar, so he leaned over and whispered in the most serious voice "Is that you, Dorothy?", pointing out to my red shoes.
We connected just like that and a fall off a bar stool, an almost broken back and breakfast till 4 p.m. later we met again, coincidentally in the street.
We decided to go on the roof of a hotel and enjoy cocktails watching over Lisbon and talking the there's no light at the end of the tunnel, the tunnel and the light are right here right now talk. Stories of our lives brought us together without even knowing they relate. A feeling of I know what you have been through although I don't know you.
As this encounter started with a trip through Oz, I picked one of Dorothy's lines that I like so much, painted it on a bag and sent it in the hope that it will bring tons of smiles to G. and E., in the lovely ain't life a peach spirit. :-)

2 comments:

Propoquerian said...

that is the perfect way to explain the feeling that leads to our very candid conversations "the light is now"
what an incredible night. you should post more about your specific experiences in the place you are:) they are wonderful for those of us stuck in say....los angeles (that would be me haha) to read about!

Cristina Kittn said...

Thank you so much for your support but well, I would love to be stuck in Los Angeles for a while too :-D