September 26, 2010

New Kittens.

I've been wanting to get kitten designs on some other support than textile, and so I thought of experimenting with ceramics. It's not the first time, I've been working with porcelain and clay in the year of 2002 when I had my first art business together with a partner; our works were of liquid ceramics though, the kind that needs to be cooked in a special oven at high temperature. We used to make a lot of bells and decorate them, pots, vases and even lamps - oh, it was very cool.
Now I experimented with another kind of clay, the one that only needs air to dry and harden. I cut the small pieces (circles and squares), I gave them a smooth touch using my fingers, then I let them dry for 24 hours. After that I polished them, I began painting using acrylic colors and I coated them in transparent varnish in the end for a nicer look and longer duration in time.
They turned out to be brooches and I think they're sweet. I hope you like them too, as they will be your presents whenever you're ordering kitten t-shirts. You can have any design you want, you can even match them with the t-shirts if that's your wish. (If you really really want to have one just like that by itself all you have to do is e-mail at kittenwear@gmail.com and I'll send it over)

It's cold, 5 cm ø clay brooch, metal pin on the back, original design, entirely handmade and unique.

It's OK to be mad, 5 cm ø clay brooch, metal pin on the back, original design, entirely handmade and unique.

Kitten Girl I, 5 cm ø clay brooch, metal pin on the back, sand beads, original design, entirely handmade and unique.

Party Bow Tie, 7 x 3 cm clay brooch, metal pin on the back, original design, entirely handmade and unique.

Kitten Girl II, 5 cm ø clay brooch, metal pin on the back, sand beads, original design, entirely handmade and unique.

Family Portrait, 6 x 6 cm clay brooch, metal pin on the back, felt applique, original design, entirely handmade and unique.

You have a lovely fresh week!

6 comments:

Bo3mia said...

The brooches are amazing! Really fun and cute! :)

A lovely week to you too!

Cristina Kittn said...

Anky, Kittens wish you a cool week too and I say million thanks for leaving your feedback :-*

Bunny Bee said...

So cute! I love the black cat and the mad giraffe!

jane said...

ooo, they are lovely! wonderful idea indeed! lots of kisses from jane! :*

Cristina Kittn said...

... and that is so great, beacuse bunny bee simply knows! :-)

Cristina Kittn said...

oh Jane I'm so happy to hear from you again. How have you been?