October 11, 2011

How to make a baby blanket

Before revealing the surprise project I've been working on, I want to say a few words about the last hectic days.

So we finally found a home and we already moved some stuff especially my mobile kittn corporation, that's why I was there yesterday working but actually breathing, listening to the silence, enjoying time alone... have I already said breathing?

Needless to say yesterday passed in a second.

I felt very calm, comfortable, all in all having again those feelings of something being just right. Not mentioning I was very inspired and motivated to work!

The apartment is a small studio with a big kitchen that I can somehow separate in two, arranging a work space. It's not completely furnished yet so it will tke a while until everything is into place, but you know what I loved?

The sun shines there all day, the windows are as big as the walls + the light plays all day letting me enjoy a wonderful sunset at the end of each day, just like the little prince wished.

And speaking of a little prince, here's the latest invention: a bright colored (I told you I felt happy in the new home) baby blanket that can serve as a cover or as a play mat.



I calculated that being about 80 x 90 cm it will have 12 (20 x 30 cm) pieces of fabric accordingly so I cut + sewed them together.

I created the felt animals + hearts separately, then I stitched them onto the fabric. For the other (warm) side of the blanket I chose a very thick fleece piece in bright turquoise.

I sewed the parts together, then brought them on the right side and finally stitched a line along each side creating a firm margin.



So this is it, a very cute easy to make baby blanket. If you have any questions or wish to use the same patterns, drop us a line anytime and we'll e-mail you the instructions.

Kisses + hooray for freedom, joy and new homes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sweetie, the blankie is adorable! and I'm glad you find your new home cozy!

Cristina Kittn said...

Thanks a bunch to D, I can't wait to start 'nesting' around!
kisses

Dragos said...

Imi place , ai talent omule!Prin asta ti-ai mai castigat un cititor, bafta si la cat mai multe articole!

Cristina Kittn said...

Hei Dragos, iti multumesc si bine ai venit!

Andreea said...

I am so happy for you, lovely Kitten! somos luz <3

Cristina Kittn said...

sencs Bib, me still can't believe!
:-*:-*:-*